Transport Operators - We Understand Your Business!
It is for this reason that we established a specialist division within Alpha Consulting Group which provides transport and logistics clients with expert advice and a tailored solution to their business needs. The depth of our transport and logistics specific knowledge extends over 25 years from working with various transport and logistics businesses from across Australia and across varying different segments including:
- General Freight and local Distribution
- Furniture Removals & Storage
- Rail Shipments
- Containers and Port work
- Storage and Distribution
- Refrigerated Transport
- Agriculture including Grain and livestock
- Transportation of Sand, Brick, Clay and other earthmoving projects
- Cement and other bulk liquids
- Refrigerated Warehousing
Alpha Consulting Group has built a strong reputation within the industry of getting to know our clients businesses and the industry in which they operate. Our specific transport industry knowledge along with our commercial experience in advising other transport businesses, enables us to provide you with up to date, practical and relevant advice which will keep you ahead of your competition and assist you meet your financial and personal goals.
Now more than ever, Transport and Logistics businesses need more than just an Accountant or Tax agent to stay ahead of their competitors.
We understand that there are other issues to running a transport business which are more than just getting the numbers right and lodging your tax returns on time. For example issues such as changes to the Modern Award and the impact on drivers remuneration, the increasing cost of compliance, changes to legislation, personal liability of Directors and downward pressure on freight and storage rates all make running a transport company harder than ever.
This is why we look at the big picture when it comes to our clients. We don't just look at the numbers - we look at the whole of the business and help you create>manage>protect your business and personal wealth. This includes looking at your corporate structure and putting in place the most effective structure to protect you, from organising and managing your equipment finance to helping you and your management team put in place regular reporting and Key Performance Indicators (KPI's).
Just some of the areas where we have added value to transport clients include:
- Assisting your management teams as an external CFO to provide financial insights and guidance around business strategy and growing your business.
- Review and provide advice on your current corporate structure and set up of the most tax effective structure to run your business and protect your assets.
- Conducting cost reviews of your business to identify any possible savings within the business from rationalisation of suppliers, change in processes and or structure and assistance with contractual issues including customers and suppliers.
- Preparation and analysis of monthly financial reports and monitoring of KPIs for the business and identifying any trends within the business from an operational and financial perspective.
- Assistance with submission of tenders, rate reviews and implementation and maintenance of fuel levy surcharges and annual contract reviews and reports for customers justifying rate increases.
- Managing finance arrangements with banks, financiers and brokers to ensure that you are receiving the best possible deal at the best possible price.
- Arranging commercial funding for projects including purchase of depots and or construction of warehouses and other infrastructure.
- Completion of due diligence reviews of potential acquisitions and preparation of reports and feasibility studies to justify investment in new business and arranging funding for projects.
- Assisting clients with preparing for the sale of their business and negotiations with potential purchasers to ensure you maximise the sale price of the business.
Our exclusive costing system which has been developed over the past 30 years can help you in setting freight rates, submitting tenders and analysing the profitability of particular customers and contracts. Our costing system enables you to accurately determine the fixed, variable and other associated oncosts involved in completing a trip and the required revenue to generate an adequate return on investment.
You will see from a review of our client testimonials that we understand the industry and can add real value to your business. To talk to one of our transport and logistics specialists contact Jason Murray or Chris Leeson today.