Accounting & Taxation
Company legislation requires businesses to perform several administration tasks that take up a lot of valuable company time. The last thing you need as a business owner is to be stressed out trying to ensure you comply with the Corporations Law. The possible threat of penalties for failing to keep up with the changing rules is too great a risk to take. At ACG we can relieve this burden for you. Our services include:
- General advice on company law
- Company formations
- Filing annual returns on your behalf
- Preparing all documentation related to minutes and resolutions
- Maintaining statutory books
- Assistance with changes of directors, shareholders, addresses, and office details
- Share transfers
- Registered office facility
Please contact us for further information on how we can help you get back to running your business.
A good budget/forecast can not only help you set your financial targets for the next three years but also allow you and your team to measure your business's performance compared to your business plan and agreed upon targets.
More than ever, most Banks and finance providers are demanding budgets and forecasts as part of their annual reporting requirements as well as being required for any new funding applications. Based on our experience, a well designed and prepared budget/cashflow forecast can make the difference between getting the finance required and having the application rejected.
Our experience and knowledge in preparing budgets and forecasts for a diverse range of clients can greatly assist you and your management team in looking ahead (rather than behind) and identify opportunities and threats that lay ahead. The techniques we utilise to prepare financial projections will enable you to see what really drives your business and what levers you should be pulling to maximise your business potential.
We can help you design the right budget for your requirements - please contact our office to see how we can help.
Whether you need some temporary assistance in bringing your accounting records up to date, need a full time resource to manage your accounting obligations or an online solution to your bookkeeping requirements - we can provide you with a number of different and cost effective options to save you time and help you better manage your business.
The other advantage of keeping your records accurate and up to date is that it will actually save you money in the long run by reducing the costs associated with preparing your returns at the end of the financial year and the time and cost involved in trying to find statements and records of the business.
We can also help businesses who have a full time bookkeeper but need a higher level resource via our external CFO Service which gives you access to one of our advisers to support your bookkeeper. To discuss our bookkeeping services, please contact one of our team today.
The GST system is sometimes a complex and confusing one and if you get it wrong you can potentially under claim GST which you are entitled to claim back from the ATO.
Our BAS service will take care of everything associated with your business including;
- Advice on whether you need to register for GST
- Assistance in preparing, reviewing and lodgement of your Business Activity Statements
- Preparing and lodging IAS & BAS
- Attending to BAS amendments
- Assistance and Advice in respect of ATO audits
Should require any assistance in respect of the above, please do not hesitate to contact our office.
Preparing Financial Statements at the end of the year is more than just looking at the past twelve months data and focussing on past events.
At Alpha Consulting we believe that the end of year financial statements and review is an important part of understanding your business and allows business owners to identify patterns and trends within the business and provides a useful starting point to discuss future business and financial goals.
As part of this end of year process we hold an annual meeting to sit down and review the financial performance of the business along with how it has performed to prior year and industry benchmarks. Based on our experience we find that a lot of useful information is discovered by business owners which enable them to better manage and grow their profitability.
If you are interested in streamlining and improving the quality of your financial reporting contact us today.
At Alpha Consulting Group we offer a full range of taxation services. Taxation is one of the major expenses that any business will face and it makes sense to minimise the tax payable where possible.
We look after hundreds of income tax returns a year covering all types of entities including;
- Discretionary Trusts and Unit Trusts
- Partnerships and Sole Proprietors
- Self Managed Superannuation Funds
- Joint Ventures and other Associations
As part of our tax service, our highly qualified Chartered Accountants both at Baulkham Hills and North Sydney offices will work with you to minimise your tax and help you achieve your key objectives. We provide a complete range of tax related services and advice including;
Preparing activity statements and advice on tax payments
- Goods and Services Tax Advice
- Fringe Benefits Tax
- Payroll Tax, Land Tax and other State based taxes
- The latest advice in respect of legitimate strategies and structures to minimise your overall tax position.
- Preparing objections to income tax assessment
- Assisting in the conduct of audits or disputes with the ATO
- Organising repayment arrangements with the ATO in respect of outstanding debts
Whether it be meeting with you prior to the end of each financial year to discuss your tax position and options, providing you with advice on the most suitable business structure for your business or advice on negative gearing of property, shares, and other transactions, our team of qualified tax agents can provide you with the advice you need to manage and minimise your taxes.
To make an appointment at our Baulkham Hills or North Sydney office Click here or Contact us today!
Xero - Cloud Accounting
A number of our clients use our Xero Accounting Service to streamline their bookkeeping obligations and to save them time and effort in preparing the bookwork necessary for lodgement of BAS returns each quarter.
In recent times there have been tremendous developments in the Accounting Systems available for small to medium enterprises. In our view the leading system in the market has now become Xero, which is a cloud-based Accounting System that provides small business owners with access timely and accurate information about their business. The system is easy to use making it easier than ever to manage your bookwork.
The main features Xero has to offer include:
- Online Accounting: See your cash-flow in real-time. Just login any time, anywhere.
- Bank reconciliation: Automatically import and code your bank transactions.
- Financial Reporting: Up-to-date reporting with quick links to all the original transactions.
- Payroll: Automatic super payments & tax tables, employee portal, full leave management.
- Invoicing: Create and send invoices automatically and get paid online.
- Mobile Access: Free Phone Applications to manage your accounts anywhere
- Expense claims: Handle personal expenses – just review and approve receipts.
The system is ideally suited for the busy business owner who struggles to find the time to maintain MYOB, Quickbooks or cash-book record keeping.
If you would like to discuss how the Xero software can work in streamlining your record keeping requirements call us today.